This is one of our favorite ways to use up a lot of zucchini. Our kids love the cakes and the dipping sauce too! Recipe is more like guidelines, feel free to change things up based on what you have or don't have.
1/2 an onion, minced
Salt to taste
Your choice of flour, enough to thicken the batter (I've used a plethora or different flours here from apf to chickpea flour!)
1/2 cup mayonnaise (I sometimes use sour cream, or a mix of each)
Dash of soy sauce
1 clove finely minced garlic
Dash of ketchup
Dash of Sriracha
1. Shred the zucchini with a cheese grater. Place in a colander, add salt, mix around, and let sit for half an hour until the zucchini lets go of its moisture.
2. Place the shredded zucchini in a bowl, add the onion, the egg, salt, and enough flour to thicken the batter to a pancake consistency
3. Scoop out in 1/3 cup portions into a heated and oiled cast iron pan and cook until done.
4. Mix all sauce ingredients together and let sit in the fridge until ready to use.
5. Serve the pancakes with the dipping sauce